A Special Day :)

"The more you desire Heaven, the less you'll desire of this world."

After a dull week, my weekend was quite great.

Specially during Saturday, the greatest moment in my Christian life. The day I became an adult Christian through confirmation. It was like a normal Catholic mass except that we had a procession at the start and all ninety candidates were individually blessed by the bishop.

I got the chance to read the First Reading, by the way. I was extremely nervous during the practices and even before I went forward to read. It was amazing though how I lost all of that nervousness when I went to read. My only thought was serving Him and it went well. I got positive reviews on diction, clarity, timing, tone and even the sound of my voice.
Since it was confirmation, we obviously had to wear a white dress. If you read my previous post, you probably know how I feel about dresses by now.




If not, then here it is:

"I wore a dress. I'm not usually a dress person. But I like wearing dresses because they make me feel pretty like a doll. I don't want to lose that feeling. I guess that's why I don't like wearing dresses so often. "


It was another kind of
magical moment being there. Some people have noticed I looked happy when I was in front of the Bishop 'cause confirmation was a really great step. But after that (and even until now) I don't feel so different. Probably because I don't fully understand the seven gifts that come from it...but I am working my way there.

By the way, for confirmation, we had to choose a Saint name. I chose the name honor of my friend and I like the story of the saint as well. Wherever she walked an angel used to light the road in front of her with a lantern when she travelled. Here's the name, by the way:
















Oh, the part that wasn't magical was when my toes started hurting 'cause of the ends of my heels. My heels were around half an inch only because I can't walk in heels. Seriously, even when it was half an inch.

Anyway, it was two hours long. It started at four, but we were supposed to be there by three, in the afternoon, of course. So, after that, we went to a Chinese restaurant we haven't been to for an incredibly long time. The food was great, as usual.

It was there when I got my confirmation gifts. I surprisingly got a green Swatch watch. I was expecting money, but the watch was great, nonetheless. I even got a novel from my close friend, Christia. It was The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I haven't read the book yet, but I plan to. Really. Soon. I got money from my mom, as expected, though. But of course, confirmation isn't entirely about the gifts. Get that straight.

.

So, my night pretty much ended there. It was a fun day.

Sunday was fun as well! Only fourteen people came to class and... (the update continues tomorrow, okay?)

PS: By the time I finished writing this, there was no quote. I decided to place one on top of the post since I haven't done that for a long time. Just sharing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment