Experiment...?

I don't think this has any connection to this post at all.

Okay, I take that back. I'm certain it has nothing to do with this post at all.

"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the word may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place. Stay beautiful."

I had a great time at my best friend's house on Wednesday.

I didn't really know what to expect though when I went there. We were supposed to do a science project, but we had no idea what to do, at all. Sad part though was we were just informed by our teacher a day before the exhibition. So we couldn't really do much.

The first thing we did though was eat. The food was great...but the desert was even better! Chocolate cupcake with icing and sprinkles.


Yep, the one right above there. Just don't forget to afterwards! (Or you'll end up like that emoticon over there: brushing, but there's no teeth at all).

We had a procrastination moment though. Just at the start when I showed her songs and what not ...

After that, we wanted to do a simple thing using tidal wave generator, but there were no available corks. We only had one day to do it (since the exhibition was today) so we ended up doing a pH Indicator. It sounds boring...but the process was extremely fun.

It's actually quite simple. Just get coffee filter paper and dip it in Red Cabbage juice. If there's no available juice around, just heat the red cabbage leaves in the microwave for at least 3-5 minutes. Then soak that in filter paper. Voila.


Our hands were so purple midway. It got worse afterwards. My best friend called some of them Dumbledore Hats while we were still making it. We pegged them u in the clothes hanger after that ...


The main experiment did not happen in the homemade litmus though. The magic happened on our purple-fied hands.


The pink spots came from lemon juice (which indicates it's an acid: citric acid)

Random Thought sequeezes in: Ironically "red cabbage" is purple. I was wondering if green cabbage had the same effect...it would've been awesome if we had green hands in the end. (Since green is my favorite color ).


I came home around 8:10pm, wishing it was already Thursday (so the weekend would start soon).

Anyway, the day after that, we had the exhibition. Unfortunately, we had to explain it. Well, it was good missing some classes. But we had to repeat the same thing over and overagain. After a while, I started losing my voice. It even cracked once. But it was all good in the end.

It was annoying though how some people stood without listening. They could've just moved ahead. I wanted to sill the acid on the them! 'Cause we took alkaline, acid and neutral chemicals to prove it works. Anyway, some took the droppers themselves and sprayed away which took most of the spaces reserved for showing others.

It felt good though how some people actually found it cool. Well, it was mostly the kids, but still. I was so grateful for those who listened as well! I really learnt the importance of listening that day; when people weren't listening. Not that I don't listen though. There's still a difference once you know how it feels when people don't really listen.

Finally! I finished uploading the photos. Need to grab some .

0 comments:

Post a Comment